It was first displayed after the Second World War (London's Tate I think) and it shows the brutal sufferings endured in the war. At first you can't really tell that it is, except perhaps: is that a chicken or summat in the middle? Then at a closer look, you see distorted parts of the human body combined harsh and grotesque but distinctively animal features. And it is this distortion that screams ruthlessness. There is no vision in the first painting as it is hidden by hair neither on the second for it's been taken away by a blindfold nor the third for the painter excludes eyes altogether, portraying a sense of uncertainty. It's certainly miserable and sad and repulsive and despairing.
Yet I still like it, even if it's not light and fluffy.
1 comment:
Awesome post. I studied this work at college, and although it's not attractive, it's still intriguing and somewhat alluring.
x
Post a Comment