Sunday, July 3, 2011








Just browsing through the Alexander McQueen lookbook today. It seems an obvious place to start when getting back on the fashion blogging scene since he was one of the designers that first sparked my interest in fashion. When he passed away in 2010, I didn't know whether I would still like the brand. I didn't pay much attention to fashion that year anyway, so I didn't see much of the McQueen collections. In an art project, I included some of McQueen's 2009 designs as part of my development work but I largely ignored the latest collections.

The Royal Wedding of course drew global attention to the label. I was actually there in the crowds that day with my cousin (first in Trafalgar Square, then Hyde Park). We were both extremely shocked that Kate's dress (and Pippa's) were by the McQueen fashion house. In fact, as soon as the commentator revealed it was indeed Alexander McQueen, it was almost an reflex action, we both looked at each other, mouths dropped wide open. I'm no expert, but I just thought surely the brand was too unconventional for a classic wedding? Shocked though we were, we enjoyed the beautiful dress. It was so elegant and sophisticated. The lace sleeves, the flattering sihouette and the sweetheart neckline made the bride look truly phenomenal. I would be lying if I said I didn't wish for a similar dress for my own wedding. So Sarah Burton, I like!

This gown pictured is from the Pre Spring/Summer 2012 lookbook. It's not hard to see why this stood out. Again the silhouette is perfect and the intricute details are very elegant! Aaaah, I do like it.

No comments: