Thursday, June 30, 2011

long time, no speak

It's been over a year since I wrote my last blog entry and what a year it has been! It has passed so fleetingly and sometimes, it feels as if time is robbing you of your life. I feel like I'm growing up so fast, that I can't keep up with this unstopping pace. This year was my final year of compulsory education. It has been undoubtedly the most intense school year to date. I have had to take up new GCSEs and complete the course in one year instead of the recommended two. This meant everything was condensed and with that brings a lot of stress! There were definitely times of despair and I'm-just-going-to-give-up-and-cry-my-troubles-away moments. But I'm glad I've persevered and that this academic year is over! I just hope my GCSE results will reflect the blood, sweat and tears that I've put into this year.

Next year, I will enrol in sixth form to study for A levels. I've had some taster lessons. There was a heavy emphasis on how hard the courses are and how hardworking we will have to be. A challenge will keep me stimulated. Two of my courses, English and History, require a lot of wider reading. I've already brought a few books from charity shops that I plan to read over the summer. I admit I don't read enough and I am a very slow reader, which will need to change.

So another emphasis placed on sixth form was that extra-curricular activities are really valuable. It's not that I'm a complete cave troll and lead an incredibly sheltered life but truth be told, I don't do that much other than the academics. That needs to change. My sixth form tutor-to-be gave me a sheet of asking me what my hobbies were. Well, I didn't have much to say. I wrote fashion journalism down. Since I wrote it down, I figured I should probably start writing again. I do miss looking through the latest catwalk shows and end of school is the perfect time to start again! See you soon!

No comments: